- Professional Educator License – a license issued to an individual who has demonstrated all of the State established competencies to be an educator.
- Associate Educator License – a license issued to an individual who has met a minimum set of educator requirements and is completing all professional educator requirements to receive a Professional Educator License.
- Local Education Agency (LEA)-specific Educator License – a license issued to an individual, approved by the local Board of Education, who has met locally defined competencies to be an educator.
An LEA-specific license area or endorsement may include:
- Out of State and Internationally licensed educators completing Utah licensing requirements.
- Educators waiting for university license recommendations.
- Educators with expired Utah licenses.
- Educators working towards an Associate license area/endorsement.
- Career and Technical Education educators completing skills testing.
- Educators waiting to begin a university licensure program.
Schools may employ individuals holding LEA-specific Educator Licenses, as well as Professional and Associate Educator Licenses, as outlined below based on the employee’s FTE:
|Antelope Canyon Elementary||Elementary||0.0%||2.9%||97.1%|
- Jordan School District Policy DP379-LEA-Specific (Jordan) Educator License Requirements
- Utah State Board of Education Utah Educator Look-up Tool