It is important that we obtain an accurate list of all children qualifying for kindergarten in the Jordan School District for the 2021-2022 school year. If you have a child turning five years of age on or before September 1, 2021, he or she qualifies for next year’s kindergarten program. State law requires that all school districts in Utah abide by the same September 1st entrance cutoff date. You will be required, before school starts, to bring the child's immunization record and their original certified birth certificate (we will make a photocopy).
All new kindergarten enrollment will be done online. If you do not have access to a computer at home, please come to the school office. We have one available for you to use.
- Please complete the Online Enrollment by Friday, January 22, 2021.
- Go to the Jordan District Registration & Enrollment page.
- If you already have a student in Jordan School District, use the box that says "Click here to access existing account for New Student Enrollment." You will use your current Skyward login and password. If you do not know your login and password, please call the school office at 801-567-8950 and we will help you with it.
- If you are new to the district, use the box that says "Click here to create a temporary account for New Student Enrollment."
- Be sure to indicate that the enrollment is for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Please enroll early! The number of kindergarten sessions is determined by this enrollment.
If you have neighbors who have qualifying kindergarten children, please share this information and encourage them to enroll their child online.
If you have any questions about Kindergarten Enrollment, please call Peggy at (801) 567-8950.
Once you have completed the online enrollment portion, please take the following required forms to the school to complete the enrollment process (schools may require additional information):
- Parent/legal custodial guardian's picture identification (driver's license, state agency picture ID, or passport)
- Child's original or certified birth certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency - English/Spanish
An informational kindergarten orientation meeting for you and your child will be held later in the Spring. More information on this will be sent at a later date.
Before entering kindergarten, all children are required by state law to have a vision screening test. It is important that children 3-5 years of age be screened for early detection and successful treatment of Amblyopia (Lazy Eye).
The nurses of Jordan School District will offer, free of charge, several vision clinics to meet this requirement. Vision testing can also be provided by an eye specialist or your child’s physician. Vision screening will be offered at the locations listed below. Please pick the time and place most convenient for you.
Preschool Vision Clinics 2021
Dates and locations TBD