It is important that we obtain an accurate list of all children qualifying for kindergarten in the Jordan School District for the 2022-2023 school year. If you have a child that will be five years of age on or before September 1, 2022, the child qualifies for next year’s kindergarten program. State law requires that all school districts in Utah abide by the same September 1 entrance cut-off date. You will be required, before school starts, to bring the child’s immunization record and their original certified birth certificate (we will make a photocopy).
All new kindergarten registrations will be done online. If you do not have access to a computer at home, please come to the school office. We have one available for you to use.
Visit this link to complete the enrollment.
- If you already have a student in Jordan School District, use the box on the right that says “New Student Enrollment.” You will use your current Skyward login and password. If you do not know your login and password please call the school office at 801-567-8950 and we will help you with it.
- If you are new to the district, use the box on the left to create a “Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment.”
- Be sure to indicate that the enrollment is for the 2021-2023 school year.
Please complete the Online Registration and Enrollment by Friday, January 21, 2022.
If you know of a neighbor that has a qualifying kindergarten child, please share this information with them and encourage them to register their child online.
If you have any questions about Kindergarten Enrollment, please call Peggy at (801) 567-8950.
Once you have completed the online enrollment portion, please take the following required forms to the school to complete the enrollment process (schools may require additional information):
- Parent/legal custodial guardian's picture identification (driver's license, state agency picture ID, or passport)
- Child's original or certified birth certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency - English/Spanish
An informational kindergarten orientation meeting for you and your child will be held later in the Spring. More information on this will be sent at a later date.
Before entering kindergarten, all children are required by state law to have a vision screening test. It is important that children 3-5 years of age be screened for early detection and successful treatment of Amblyopia (Lazy Eye).
The nurses of Jordan School District will offer, free of charge, several vision clinics to meet this requirement. Vision testing can also be provided by an eye specialist or your child’s physician. Vision screening will be offered at the locations listed below. Please pick the time and place most convenient for you.
Preschool Vision Clinics 2022
Dates and locations TBD