(Sent to families on 1-3-22)
Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 should:
- Stay at home for 5 days from the day you were tested, even if you don't have symptoms or feel sick.
- You can leave your house after 5 days if your symptoms have improved (fever-free without medicine for at least 24 hours).
- It is recommended you wear a mask around others for 5 days after home isolation.
Anyone exposed to COVID-19:
- People younger than 18 who are up-to-date with their COVID-19 vaccinations don't need to quarantine at home. However, the CDC recommends they wear a mask for the 10 days after their exposure.
- People of all ages who are not vaccinated should quarantine at home for 5 days from the day they were exposed. They can end quarantine after 5 days as long as they don't have any symptoms.
- The CDC says students may attend school so long as they wear a mask at school for the 10 days after their exposure.
At this time, we ask everyone to be extra vigilant by following recommendations to prevent further spread of COVID-19 in the school and community. Taking extra precautions will help in efforts to keep students and staff safe and avoid a "Test to Stay" event.
Detailed information can be found at the https://health.utah.gov.